Our Presbyterian Women will be collecting items for Church World Service School Kits in July and August. Our goal is 100 kits. Here are the items to fill a kit:
- One pair of blunt scissors removed from the package (rounded tip, only)
- Three 70-count bound notebooks or notebooks totaling 200-210 pages (no loose-leaf or filler paper)
- One 30-centimeter / 12” ruler
- One hand-held pencil sharpener removed from the package
- One large eraser (no pencil cap erasers)
- Six new, unsharpened pencils with erasers removed from the package
- One box of 24 crayons (only 24)
- One 12”x14” to 14”x17” finished size cotton or lightweight canvas bag (solid color or kid-friendly fabric) with cloth handles (no reusable shopping bags, backpacks, or bags with logos)
The value of each kit is $15 if you prefer to make a donation. Processing fee per kit is $2.00.
Our heartfelt thanks goes out to everyone who helps support this program. People who have seen first-hand the distribution of school kits have heard over and over, “Thank you! This is just what we need!”
Presbyterian Women in the Presbytery of Blackhawk have many upcoming events. Please see their website link for more information.